Our products are always shipped by ZIP code to ensure the best shipping rates. When you add an item to the shopping cart you will be able to type in your ZIP code to see the shipping rate. Restaurant and large order inquiries please contact us directly at our office number 804-529-7709 or cell 804-310-6120.
CAUTION: Consuming raw or undercooked meats, poultry, seafood, shellfish or eggs may increase your risk of food borne illness.
About Our Oysters:
- After several tumbling and hand inspection sessions during grow out, your 3-4 inch oysters are shipped overnight to your address in a reusable 1.5″ thick Styrofoam cooler with reusable ice packs to insure a fresh product.
- We offer oysters year around.
- Our oysters are native Crassotrea Virginica. Branded Potomac Whitecaps, these oysters are raised in house from spat to adult.
- Through attentive farming practices the shell develops a deeper cup allowing the oyster inside to grow larger.
- Our Potomac Whitecaps are fed by the merging waters of the Potomac River, Chesapeake Bay and Coan River. Due to an average salinity of 13-18ppt the oysters have a slightly salty taste with a buttery finish.
- With the oyster beds just minutes from our docks every customer will receive cold packaged, freshly harvested, live in the shell oysters.
- When received your live oysters need to be immediately refrigerated, placed in a shallow container (not air tight) covered with a moist towel.
- Discard any open oysters that fail to close with a gentle tap.
Potomac River Oyster Company Hat – $14.99
Don’t let your experience go incomplete with out the official Potomac River Oyster Company Hat. Hats are dark green made of 100% cotton. Featuring built in fabric adjustable strap with white stitched company emblem on front.
Shucking Glove – $14.95
This accessory is indeed the first line of defense against the knife in your other hand trying to worm its way inside the clasp of the mollusk. We use these gloves daily to protect from cuts and abrasions.
Made from strong natural rubber construction. Grips great wet or dry.
Oyster Knife – $10.00
Never struggle to open another oyster again with the 3″ pro grip oyster opener. The reason you need a real oyster knife is that it is designed for the specific task of prying oysters open. Other knives aren’t up to the task. You’ll need this important addition to your kitchen culinary supplies if you plan to do any shucking! This oyster opener knife features an ergonomic non- slip grip for fatigue-free use. This oyster knife saves time and is dishwasher safe.
Potomac River Oyster Company Shirt – $19.99
100% cotton and preshrunk. Comes in 4 sizes M, LG, XLG, XXLG. Dark green shirt features chest pocket on the front with our motto in white (Cleaning our Bay Nature’s Way). On the back is the company emblem in white.
To order a T-shirt, select your size below. Then you can add it to your shopping cart.